If you're partial to a gin cocktail and you're also looking for a job, then you're in luck.
Dream jobs are hard to come by, especially if yours consists of travelling to every corner of the world tasting the gins that you'll find there. That is, however, exactly the role that Around the World in 80 Days-themed London bar chain Mr Fogg's is hoping to fill.
With a new bar opening soon on The Strand, the team behind Mr Fogg's are looking for someone to help them source the best selection of gins from around the world. And what better way to do so than to send you (and a gin-thusiastic friend) on an all-expenses-paid, around the world trip for 80 days?
You'll travel from Bombay to Hong Kong, Paris to New York, Japan to San Francisco and beyond, documenting your journey and collecting inspiration for your very own 'Around the World' cocktail.
To be (g)in with a chance of getting the job, Mr Fogg himself has outlined some criteria you need to meet:
1. Formidable, brave and a lover of the unknown
2. Experienced in the art of adventure
3. Well-versed in the medium of ‘social media’
4. Prominent on various of these platforms of ‘social media’
5. Able to take a well-lit and well-assembled photograph
6. Have an acquaintance or ally, whom is also well-equipped in the art of photography and this ‘selfie’ taking
7. Have read my memoirs, which were kindly documented by Jules Verne
8. Have frequented my humble Residence, Gin Parlour, Tavern and House of Botanicals
9. At least twenty one years of living
10. Talented in the art of written expression, just like my dear friend Verne
11. Unoccupied and ready to accomplish this adventure between the dates of August 2018 and November 2018
12. Not afraid to get one’s hands dirty
13. Willing to clothe oneself in Victorian finery
So basically, if you like gin, have a flair for photography and excellent written communication skills, then this is the role for you.
If you're (g)interested, you can find out more and apply here.