Looking for a graduate job?
Join us in Strategy and Corporate Development
As an Intern within Strategy and Corporate Development you will work as an internal consultant in a fast-paced environment, supporting the senior leadership team with the design, development, and implementation of projects including: strategic reviews, annual and long term business planning, new ventures, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), alliances and divestitures.
What you will be doing
Working in conjunction with business leadership and other corporate functions, the Strategy and Corporate Development group monitors the competitive marketplace, identifies high growth and profit opportunities and helps develop business and strategic plans. Furthermore, the team helps execute the company’s strategic plan through inorganic activities including M&A, divestitures, minority investments and strategic alliances.
Key responsibilities of the Intern role include:
• Assist with the analyzing, designing, planning and implementing of various company-wide initiatives, including strategic reviews, annual and long-term business planning, new ventures, mergers, acquisitions, alliances and divestitures
• Lead or contribute to initiatives and/or work streams across all areas of the company, with exposure to multiple business areas (e.g. (re)insurance broking, Retirement, Investments, Benefits, Consulting) and functions (Operations, Finance, Legal, HR, Marketing and Communications)
• Organize and conduct secondary market research and analyses, interview subject matter experts, and help plan and facilitate workshops
• Generate financial analysis related to strategic initiatives, new ventures, competitor analysis and M&A
• Assist in the development of the strategic rationale and value creation for mergers and acquisitions, and help execute on the due diligence and post-close integration processes
• Act as liaison between senior leadership teams, corporate staff and external consultants
• Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on teams across all business segments and corporate functions
• Develop technical knowledge and skills in the areas of strategy, M&A, and new ventures (e.g., research, project management, financial modelling and valuation)
• Develop understanding of the key markets and segments in which WTW operates
• Deliver on projects to meet or exceed internal client expectations
• Support innovation in the corporate development function
• Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, evolving business environment
• Excellent business and financial analysis skills, including the ability to analyze data trends, draw conclusions and develop action plans
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills; able to work and think in a methodical and orderly way
• Proficiency in using the Internet and other tools to conduct research
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong numerical skills
• Working towards a Bachelor’s degree at 2:1 or higher
• Demonstrable interest in Finance, Economics, Strategy or Business Administration
• Availability to travel internationally
• Flexibility on working hours – global nature of the work means there may be early morning or evening calls
The application process
• Stage 1: Online application, including CV
• Stage 2: Online testing
• Stage 3: Video interview – in partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on ‘How to Ace your Video Interview’.
• Stage 4: Assessment centre
• Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding
Willis Towers Watson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are Willis Towers Watson
We are a global advisory, broking and solutions company, with offices all over the world.
"What really drew me to Willis Towers Watson was absolutely the people. When I went to my interview everyone who I met, from the receptionist all the way to portfolio managers, showed such an active interest in getting to know me."
- Shahrazad Khan, Investment
Our most important asset is our people.
We help our colleagues balance a successful career with a healthy lifestyle by offering excellent training, highly competitive salaries and much more. Throughout your time here, you’ll enjoy world-class training, mentoring and development opportunities, and the chance to continuously expand your knowledge and skills. You’ll also benefit from being part of a global community of Willis Towers Watson colleagues, who you will always be able to draw on for advice and support.
This is an exciting time to be part of Willis Towers Watson. You will find significant career growth opportunities with us, as we now offer a broader array of services, to a larger global client base than ever before.
Whether you join us on an internship or in a permanent graduate role, you will experience all the challenges and opportunities you need to create your own success story.