Looking for a graduate job?
Join our Global Services & Solutions Graduate Programme
This role of a consultant will entail supporting our multinational clients in the delivery of consulting services to the headquarters and coordination of local consulting services.
What you will be doing
This role will involve:
• Assisting the senior consultant on multiple country actuarial accounting projects under International, UK and US GAAP. This will generally include input on appropriate actuarial assumptions in each location, project management, review of submissions from local actuaries, consolidation of results with conversion in to the reporting currency and preparation of a report
• Helping the senior consultant to manage plan valuations for accounting or funding purposes. Generally, the valuations will be carried out in one of our Willis Towers Watson processing centres using proprietary valuation software. Your role will be to issue instructions, project manage the process, resolve issues and review the end results
• Performing or overseeing calculations of retirement and leaving service benefits under international retirement plans, including the determination of offsets from social security arrangements, termination indemnity arrangements, and other company-provided retirement programs around the world
• Working with the senior consultant to deliver advice to multinational clients about the financing of their risk benefit programs, such as self-insurance, multinational pooling and employee benefit captive work – including feasibility studies, selection of providers, negotiations, implementation and ongoing support
• Assisting on due diligence reviews in multiple locations for merger & acquisition purposes
• Supporting the senior consultant and local country consultants to deliver advice to the headquarters of our multinational clients on employee benefit matters around the world. Such areas of advice would include benefit design, local compliance, local governance, provider selection and market positioning
• Coordination and project management of multi-country projects such as global benefit benchmarking exercises, cost savings projects, governance processes, expatriate programs
• Keeping abreast of changes in legislation, market practice or otherwise, to identify issues that clients should be addressing about, both in specific countries and in a wider macroeconomic sense
• Supporting the use of Willis Towers Watson’s Benefit Insights, Benefits Online, BenVals and other tools to help clients to maximise the value from the information collected
• Supporting on intellectual capital development, including research
• Supporting new business pitches, e.g. drafting RFP responses
• Getting involved in other areas such as Global Health & Wellbeing, Global Benefits Solutions (GBS), Defined Contribution consulting
What you will have
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• An ability to think creatively in order to develop tailored solutions or advice to clients
• A keen interest in the international employee benefits industry
• Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively both independently and in teams, including remotely with colleagues in other countries
• Strong project management and communication skills, specifically the ability to juggle several different projects concurrently and deliver on all of them
• Flexibility in order to meet client deadlines when required
• Strong desire to deliver to clients’ expectations of high quality results, consistently
• Good relationship building skills in order to work effectively with colleagues in other teams, other offices and other countries, as well as outside third parties, when delivering to clients’ needs
• Keen to learn
• High energy individual looking for a dynamic, growth-oriented environment
• Ability to manipulate and analyse data will be advantageous
• A desire to work towards an actuarial qualification
• Minimum 2:1 degree in a numerate discipline OR
• 2:1 degree including A-Level Maths grade A/B or equivalent qualifications
The application process
• Stage 1: Online application, including CV
• Stage 2: Online testing
• Stage 3: Video interview – in partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on ‘How to Ace your Video Interview’.
• Stage 4: Assessment centre
• Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding
Willis Towers Watson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note: we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year
We are Willis Towers Watson
We are a global advisory, broking and solutions company, with offices all over the world.
Our most important asset is our people.
We help our colleagues balance a successful career with a healthy lifestyle by offering excellent training, highly competitive salaries and much more. Throughout your time here, you’ll enjoy world-class training, mentoring and development opportunities, and the chance to continuously expand your knowledge and skills. You’ll also benefit from being part of a global community of Willis Towers Watson colleagues, who you will always be able to draw on for advice and support.
This is an exciting time to be part of Willis Towers Watson. You will find significant career growth opportunities with us, as we now offer a broader array of services, to a larger global client base than ever before.
Whether you join us on an internship or in a permanent graduate role, you will experience all the challenges and opportunities you need to create your own success story.