Wiley EdgeGraduate Software Engineer - Bournemouth
Wiley EdgeGraduate Software Engineer - Bournemouth
Join Wiley Edge as a Graduate Software Engineer
Wiley Edge is a graduate talent partner, working with a range of clients from global investment banks to up-and-coming FinTech’s, to provide them top technology and banking talent.
Want to start your career as a Software Developer?
Paid graduate training, ongoing support, and opportunities at leading global employers – the Alumni graduate program gives you everything you need. (And don’t worry, there’s no training bond. No exit fees, no hidden catches).
Here at Wiley Edge, we pair great graduates with brilliant global businesses. Our clients include tier-one investment banks and other organizations across a range of industries, from insurance to healthcare to travel.
What you’ll do:
• As a software developer with Wiley Edge, you’ll build complex applications in a global team environment.
• You’ll love seeing the impact you make when code you’ve written launches to the people who need it. If you stay on the lookout for new ways to get better results through software development, you’ll become an asset to your team.
What you will have
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) or relevant experience (e.g. software development bootcamp)
• Good grades. We look for potential, not prestige, but it’s important that you enjoy pushing yourself to pick up new ideas.
• Experience with OOP (object oriented programming).
• Solid knowledge of software engineering principles (data structures, OOP, design patterns, multithreading).
• Skills in troubleshooting and debugging.
• Knowledge of database concepts (SQL, stored procs, schema design).
• An understanding of the formal SDLC (software development lifecycle).
• An understanding of test-driven development.
• The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK
How the Alumni program works
1. Apply via this job advert.
2. Complete our assessment process.
3. Get trained at Wiley Edge Academy in an online class for 4-8 weeks with other graduates. Focusing on either Java, C++, Q & KDB+, C# & .NET, or GoLang, depending on which coding languages our clients are looking for at the time.
4. Join a Wiley Edge client for 12-24 months while receiving support and salary increases every 6 months.
5. The vast majority then convert to permanent employees with the client at the end of the program.
What you will get
• Fully paid, in-depth, interactive training in small classes with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by industry experts who know your field inside out.
• A generous graduate salary.
• Pay rises every 6 months to reflect your progress.
• A flexible benefits package including gym membership.
• Ongoing training and support.
• Valuable industry experience. Ultimately, a foot in the door to build your career in an in-demand niche.
What you will learn
• How to design, develop, and test a full-stack application.
• How to demonstrate professionalism, including communication skills and personal interactions.
• How to explain industry concepts at a high level.
• An understanding of monitoring, supporting, and troubleshooting, and how it ties into good development processes.
How to apply
1. Apply via the link and tell us a bit about you.
2. Complete the online assessment (we’ll send you a link by email).
3. Complete the interviews with our friendly talent team over phone and video.
4. Lastly, you’ll interview with one or more of our clients.
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of each and every individual who contributes to making Wiley Edge the company it is today and will be in the future. We value diversity both within Wiley Edge and with our partner companies, and we're proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can flourish. That means promoting a strong culture of equality but, most importantly, inclusion. We never want people to change - only add to the amazing mix of people that work for Wiley Edge.
Learn more about Wiley Edge
We are Wiley Edge
Wiley Edge (previously known as ‘mthree’) gives you the edge in your career. It is more than graduate placement program. It sets you up for long-term success.
Paid training. Ongoing support. Job opportunities with leading global employers. Our graduate program has helped over 2,000 graduates get a foot in the door in technology, banking and business.
ACADEMY TRAINING PREPARES YOU TO SUCCEED FROM DAY-ONE
After completing the application process, you’ll start by training for 3-12 weeks at our Academy.
GET PLACED WITH ONE OF OUR CLIENTS
Once you’re up to speed with the latest skills and industry knowledge, we employ you throughout your 12-24-month placement with one of our clients. (We work with investment banks and other big companies in industries from healthcare to aviation to insurance.) You’ll get properly stuck in. Unlike other graduate programs, our graduate program is non rotational – so you will work in the same team, setting you on a path to becoming an expert in your field. It’s your chance to learn, grow and really make an impact.
You’ll earn a salary increase every 6 months, progressing with help from a tailored online learning plan.
Afterwards, the vast majority of graduates continue their career with the client as a permanent employee.
WE BELIEVE IN FAIRNESS FROM THE START
We don’t lock you in with exit fees. You’ll never have to pay a thing. We also believe that potential exists everywhere. We hire from all universities and look beyond grades, opening doors to people from all backgrounds. The result? A supportive community of diverse graduates who are all going further, together.
ENJOY ONGOING SUPPORT & BENEFITS
From the moment you join Wiley Edge, our Academy Experience and Engagement teams are there to help you perform at your best. You’ll get continuous support with regular check-ins and a personal development plan to help you learn skills relevant to your role. You will also receive a salary increase every six months as well as a range of flexible benefits. For example, you'll have free access to courses on LinkedIn Learning.
A POWERFUL PARTNERSHIP WITH WILEY
We’re part of John Wiley & Sons, Inc - a 2 billion dollar research, education and publishing company. We’re excited by the advantages that being part of the global Wiley powerhouse will bring to the people and organizations we work with.
It’s about the clients we’re helping to future-proof their workforce and the graduates we’re helping to fulfil their potential. From the outset, we’ve been connecting both sides to give everyone the edge.
Wiley has been unlocking human potential for over 200 years. At Wiley Edge, we’re doing this for graduates across the globe – bridging the skills gap to launch careers.
Production support is the best career in tech you've never heard about. For banks, the focus is reducing financial and reputational impact, with the latter growing in importance in recent years.