Looking for a graduate job?
Become a Town Planning Graduate
Are you a recent Graduate from an RTPI accredited degree? Are you dedicated to developing your expertise through CPD? Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to kick-start your career? If yes, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
What you will be doing
Our client, H Planning Ltd, is a London focused Town Planning Consultancy located in Farringdon, London. They work on a broad range of projects from one off houses to tall building developments across the residential, mixed-use and commercial sectors. They offer a variety of professional services which include planning strategy, planning applications, local plan representations and planning appeals. Their office is only a minute’s walk from Farringdon Station. They are a small, but sociable practice and currently share space with other professionals on the ground floor of 70 Cowcross Street. The space is shared with many linked services such as Architectural practices, Urban Design and Quantity Surveying firms amongst others.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate to work within a thriving Town Planning Consultancy. You will be required to simultaneously work on a large number of projects and must have the ability to effectively manage your time. You will be required to assist with;
• Report writing which is the main area of this position
• Researching sites and policy reporting
• Planning policy and local plans
• Writing planning and appeal statements
• Submitting planning applications and appeals
The candidate will also be required to assist the Directors’ of the company as necessary. The candidate will primarily be working on residential and mixed use sites in and around the Greater London area.
Benefits of this Graduate position
• H Planning are dedicated for you to progress and will offer training and CPD opportunities
• For a motivated intern, H Planning will support your development by suggesting appropriate events that will be necessary to your development You will be surrounded by a hub of linked services which will help develop yourself further
• Working within their office, there is the opportunity to attend external events outside of work hours
What you will have
A key requirement of the role is that the successful candidate must have undertaken an RTPI accredited degree course and most importantly the successful intern will be motivated and dedicated to develop themselves further with their CPD. Other key requirements:
• You will be organised and have excellent communication and IT skills
• Excellent professional writing skills with an ability to provide clear advice and a range of reports
• A willingness and ability to work in both a team and on one's own
We are the University of London Recruitment Services
Working with employers in all industries to provide temporary and permanent work opportunities for students and graduates from all universities.