Looking for a graduate job?
Become an IT Customer Support Analyst Intern
We are recruiting a graduate for an IT Customer Support Analyst Intern in the London IT Service Desk Team at Health Education England. This internship is full time and will last 6 months, with the possibility of further extension.
What you will be doing
Health Education England
HEE supports the delivery of high quality care for patients and high quality public health services by ensuring that the health workforce has the right skills, behaviours and training, and that health care staff are available in the right numbers to meet the needs of the public. HEE also maintains an effective system for professional education and training as part of a comprehensive health service.
London and South East Informatics
London IT Team has three main functions:
• Providing IT services to about 600 HEE staff.
• Developing, delivering and operating business systems and supporting all aspects of trainee administration and internal HEE processes.
• Providing business intelligence and data analytics services to HEE London and the South East
The IT Customer Support Analyst is responsible for providing first line support for all requests, queries and issues concerning all services provided by the London IT Service Desk. Our users are the up to 600 HEE staff who work here at Stewart House plus the thousands of trainees and staff out in Hospital Trusts across London who use our systems.
Core duties and responsibilities for the role:
• Provide first line IT support in line with agreed service levels.
• Ensure that all calls are logged and monitored on the Service Desk software and that customers are kept up-to-date with their progress of their call
• Maintain a good understanding of IT solutions and services.
• Maintain the knowledge base and develop support documentation as required.
• Setup PCs, laptop’s, projectors, and similar equipment
• Work with first and second line staff to resolve all queries within the time specified in the SLA.
• Loaning out and retrieving equipment
• Setting up equipment for training/meetings
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out other duties appropriate to your level and skills.
What you will have
The following skills will be essential for the role and will be tested at the interview stage:
• A basic understanding of IT systems including MS Windows 10 & MS Office 365
• An aptitude for working with technology
• Good oral, listening and written communication skills
• Excellent customer focused inter-personal skills
• An analytical approach to problem solving.
• The ability to devise inventive and creative solutions to problems.
• The ability to prioritise workload when working under pressure
• Good time management skills
• The ability to work on their own initiative
The candidate will have graduated with an IT-related degree or be able to give examples of work experience that demonstrates that they will be capable of carrying out this technical role.
The successful candidate will also have the following attributes:
• Good team player
• Responsible and proactive
• Personable manner
• Able to work calmly under pressure
• Commitment to equal opportunities
• Excellent customer services skills
We are the University of London Recruitment Services
Working with employers in all industries to provide temporary and permanent work opportunities for students and graduates from all universities.