Looking for a graduate job?
Become an HR Intern
Recruitment has opened for a 6-month paid Internship role within HR with C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group.
What you will be doing
The C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, now in its 15th year, connects 94 of the world’s greatest cities which have committed to tackling climate change. We bring mayors from around the world together to learn from each other in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and creating resilient, sustainable and low carbon cities. C40 cities represent more than 700 million urban citizens and their economies account for 25% of the global GDP. C40’s ‘Deadline 2020’ report sets out the critical role that the world’s major cities have to play in delivering the historic Paris Agreement to prevent catastrophic climate change.
C40’s team of 200+ staff is headquartered in New York, with offices in London, Rio de Janeiro, Copenhagen, Beijing and Paris and individual staff based across 25+ different locations. C40 is primarily funded through the generous support of philanthropic foundations.
The strategic direction of the organization is determined by an elected Steering Committee of C40 mayors which is chaired by the Mayor of Los Angeles, Eric Garcetti. Three-term Mayor of New York City Michael R. Bloomberg serves as President of the C40 Board of Directors, which is responsible for operational oversight. An eight-person management team, led by Executive Director, Mark Watts, leads the day-to-day management of C40. C40’s three core strategic funders are Bloomberg Philanthropies, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) and Realdania.
The C40 Corporate Services department serves as the non-programmatic support mechanism to the global organization to ensure efficiency of day-to-day business practices. The HR team forms part of the wider Corporate Services Team and works collaboratively with C40 senior management and staff, supporting human resources initiatives within the organization.
The HR intern will support the team by contributing to management and delivery of day-to-day tasks. Additionally, s/he will have the opportunity to develop skills and understanding in a range of subject areas, gaining valuable experience working with international colleagues in a fast-paced and exciting global not for profit organization.
Responsibilities & specification
The responsibilities of the role will include:
• Supporting the team by providing excellent, proactive, customer focused operational support on recruitment, selection and all HR administration tasks across the different teams in the organisation.
• Answering staff queries in relation to their employment and company policies in a professional and timely manner.
• Liaising with recruiting managers on recruitment related activities from preparing adverts to advertising and arranging interviews.
• Carrying out necessary pre-employment and criminal checks for all new hires.
• Ensuring that employee documentation are correctly recorded/filed and are up to date and accurate.
• Providing administrative support for offboarding, arranging employee separation interviews and general HR documentation support.
• Drafting and processing of business cards for all new starters and current employees.
• Monitoring of the HR mailbox to answer, respond and where necessary, escalate to the HR Manager.
• Providing HR Training administrative support.
• Any other tasks, as assigned.
• Educated to at least first degree level/ Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a specialization in HR.
• Strong problem-solving and strategic thinking capabilities and a delivery-oriented approach.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of HR documents and other personal information.
• Great attention to detail, forward thinking and ability to identify inefficiencies as well as propose improved methods or processes of work.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications
We are the University of London Recruitment Services
Working with employers in all industries to provide temporary and permanent work opportunities for students and graduates from all universities.