Looking for a graduate job?
Become a Tutor/Facilitator Intern
We are currently recruiting for a Functional Skills Tutor/Facilitator Intern for a 6 month internship. You will either be experienced in tutoring Maths or English or both. The client will teach you the ICT part of the role so you can confidently deliver this along with the other subjects.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Functional Skills Facilitator will provide a support role to the team, for the delivery and achievement of Functional Skills, Maths, English and ICT on apprenticeship programmes.
Responsibilities of the role include the planning and delivery of high-quality training provision, tailored to the working levels of different individuals. This will include coordinating assessment of learners, taking responsibility for on programme Functional Skills achievements and equipping assessors to embed Functional Skills within their workplace delivery.
The ideal candidate enjoys teaching in a variety of vocational contexts and is committed to ensuring that individuals achieve their qualifications by supporting and coordinating diverse delivery mechanisms, to include; e learning, workplace and classroom delivery.
You will be skilled at coaching and supporting delivery staff and have a strong grasp on achievement planning and tracking against agreed targets.
• Teach and assess Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT on apprenticeship programmes.
• To support assessors in diverse vocational areas, to embed Functional Skills into learners’ work-related practice and session plans.
• Devise a programme of learning with appropriate teaching and learning strategies, resources and assessments, to ensure the quality of the learning experience is maintained on the programme.
• Maintain records of learner’s progress and achievement and communicate these to tutors, learners and employers as required.
• Maintain attendance plans and registers and update as required.
• To support and adhere to internal and external quality assurance processes and procedures.
• To support monthly sampling and moderation of the quality of delivery of Functional Skills.
• Advocate the importance of Functional Skills amongst staff, employers and learners.
• Maintain and reconcile invigilation records of all exams taken.
• Ensure the health and safety of learners in accordance with Prevista’s Health, Safety and Welfare Policies and the Safeguarding of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults Policy.
• To positively promote the equality of opportunity to all learners.
• Carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety Regulations.
• To present Prevista in the best light at all times.
• Take responsibility for own continued professional development.
• Flexibility to work unsocial hours including evenings and weekends where required to meet learner/employer needs.
• To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Responsibilities & specification
The responsibilities of the role will include:
• GCSE or Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT (A-Level preferable)
• Working knowledge of current GCSE Maths and English Standard
• Delivering Functional Skills at level 2
• Ability to motivate and inspire individuals to learn and achieve in the classroom and the workplace
• Ability to plan learning in line with Ofsted requirements
• Strong organisational skills
• Commitment to Equal Opportunities, Cultural Diversity and the Safety, Health and Welfare of self and others
• Commitment to creating culture that embody positive change, continuous improvement, health and safety, safeguarding, equality, and diversity
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Person centered approach
• Experience of OFSTED
• Assessors/Verifiers Award D32/34 / A1
• Delivering GCSE
• Experience of delivering work-based training
• Ability to manage projects to ensure that KPIs are met
• Experience of delivering full apprenticeship programmes
We are the University of London Recruitment Services
Working with employers in all industries to provide temporary and permanent work opportunities for students and graduates from all universities.