Looking for a graduate job?
Become a Corporate Finance Graduate
Do you have a masters in Finance? Are you fluent in French? Are you looking for an opportunity to relocate and work in Paris? If yes, this may be the perfect opportunity for you. This position offers the opportunity for a Masters Graduate to be a part of a new exciting relocation for the Treasury department of Total Group.
Location: June 2020 working in London (Canary Wharf) until 31 October 2020. Then Paris (La Défense) from early November 2020 (relocation of Total’s Group Treasury from London to Paris).
What you will be doing
The Corporate Finance team sits in the Group Treasury department, itself part of the Financial Division of the Total Group. The team is structured in two subgroups (Equity and Debt Finance) and is responsible for raising external financing for the Group (bond issuance and associated hedging, banking facilities, relationship with rating agencies, implementation of the Group’s financial policy, etc.), managing transactions on TOTAL S.A. shares and overseeing the Group’s listed holdings.
The Corporate Finance team is in constant interaction with Total’s Senior Management, other departments within Total’s Financial Division, the Legal Division, as well as various market and external counter-parties (banks, regulators, Euronext, LSE and NYSE, law firms, auditors, financial consultancies, etc.).
The role will include but will not be limited to:
Financial markets monitoring and general support to team members:
• Prepare a daily update on financial markets and the Energy sector shared with Management (market trends, macroeconomic analyses, brokers’ notes, stock market analysis);
• Assist with producing high-quality presentations, internal analyses and memos for Management and various internal decision-making forums;
• Monitor the Group’s banking relationships, in cooperation with relevant internal teams; - Ad-hoc analyses and requests.
• Participate in implementing transactions on the TOTAL S.A. and Group’s listed holdings’ shares: increase/reduction in share capital, share buybacks, dividends, various equity market transactions;
• Conduct research and provide support towards preparing various calculations, reports and regular analyses (performance criteria, Group’s weighted average cost of capital, etc.) as well as drafting financial resolutions submitted to Total S.A.’s Board of Directors.
• Monitor fixed-income markets (issuance opportunities, drafting of a weekly memo summarising bank’s proposals and credit / rates market conditions, ongoing market intelligence) and financial policy topics across corporate peers;
• Assist with producing financial policy presentations and analysis for Management;
• Involved in designing, preparing and executing the Group’s bond issuance transactions;
• Assist with monitoring the banking facilities and hedging portfolios of the Group;
• Provide ongoing support to team members in their projects, assignments and analyses.
What you will have
• Academic background: Master level with a Finance concentration; legal minor or knowledge a plus (but not a necessary pre-requisite).
• Qualities: attention to detail and accuracy, intellectual and personal flexibility, self-starter, teamwork and relationship-building qualities.
• Skills: solid general knowledge of corporate and market finance; mastering of the Office suite; knowledge of Bloomberg preferable.
• Languages: French (native or fluent a necessary pre-requisite), English (advanced).
Equal Opportunities Monitoring
The University aims to ensure that there is no unfair discrimination in the way we recruit. To help us monitor our recruitment process we gather information about the age, disability, gender and ethnic origin of applicants. Participation is not compulsory.
You will be able to complete this information in the apply now section. For more information on why this is being collected, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are the University of London Recruitment Services
Working with employers in all industries to provide temporary and permanent work opportunities for students and graduates from all universities.