Looking for a graduate job?
Become a Corporate Affair Graduate
Would you consider yourself an excellent communicator? Have you graduated with a degree in English, History, Politics or Business? Would you like the opportunity to contribute towards high profile events/conferences? If yes then this may be the opportunity for you.
What you will be doing
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The purpose of this varied graduate role is to coordinate and support the work of the Corporate Affairs, the GM’s office and Human Resources. The role is focused on maintaining internal coordination between teams and will require someone who is organised, proactive and enthusiastic.
• Coordination and administrative support, working collaboratively across the several key departments
• Working closely with the Chief of Staff in meeting, diary and event organisation
• Undertaking special projects to support business critical issues which will involve the juggling of competing priorities
• Preparing communications and support with drafting content for internal presentations/briefings/reports. First-class powerpoint skills are crucial.
• Working in a flexible, cooperative way and being prepared to take on other administrative duties where needed
Benefits of this Graduate position
• The successful Graduate will have the opportunity to learn, Merck have lots of online and classroom trainings.
• 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
• This role will be quite high profile as will work on the conferences and other large scale high profile events which will be invaluable to your development.
What you will have
The successful candidate would need to be a strong communicator so a degree in English, history, politics or business would be desirable but not essential.
• A hands-on and practical approach to task management as part of a busy and cross-functional team
• Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
• Interest in health policy and politics is an advantage
• Good organisation and prioritisations skills
• Some experience of drafting report/briefing content
• Good digital skills with the ability to learn new systems/tools on the job
• Eagerness to learn, highly motivated nature and commitment to professional development
We are the University of London Recruitment Services
Working with employers in all industries to provide temporary and permanent work opportunities for students and graduates from all universities.