SRSEvents and Marketing Industrial Placement
SRSEvents and Marketing Industrial Placement
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Events and Marketing Industrial Placement
On our industrial placement, you will work proactively with the team to deliver a seamless and outstanding end to end experience for our students, universities and employers. This role will allow you to gain first-hand invaluable experience within a fast-paced and rapidly growing organisation.
What you will be doing
SRS Recruitment and Employability Experts are an award-winning, expert provider of employability assessment services in the UK. We work with both graduate and apprenticeship employers and universities. We design and implement all recruitment and training materials needed by corporate clients, and work with institutions to embed employability and careers training into their curriculum. Our personal approach, expertise and insight help our clients match the best talent to the right opportunity and ensures university students have every advantage to secure that all-important graduate job.
You will be an integral part of our team from day one, organising, running and delivering our assessment centre simulation events online and in-person. From scheduling events, to liaising with assessors or dealing with live student queries on our helpdesk, your ability to adapt and get involved is central to SRS’s success.
You will also work alongside our marketing team, using your insight as a student to generate topics and ideas for stories, features and webinars to help grow our brand across social media channels.
This placement is available to start between August and September.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
• Work alongside the Operations Manager on all aspects of the planning, running and delivery of our events. This includes scheduling events and exercises, collating material, co-ordinating assessors, dealing with ad-hoc enquiries on the day, reviewing and distributing feedback reports.
• Contribute ideas and ensure the success & development of our events.
• Generate topics and ideas for stories, features and webinars, and bring these to life on our social channels.
• Work effectively within the team to deliver outstanding customer service to internal and external customers, through all channels.
• Embrace changes within the business and the industry, seeking to use these changes as an opportunity to learn and develop.
• Demonstrate flexibility with time and location, to travel to and from meetings, events and conferences when required.
• Actively seek personal development opportunities and share learning experiences to help develop others across the whole SRS team.
What you will have
Because of the nature of the role and our growing business, we’re looking for someone with the flexibility and drive to assist us in multiple areas. You’ll be eager to get stuck in and take pride in playing your part in organising some of the UK’s largest and most successful student assessment days.
We’re looking for someone who will bring enthusiasm, commitment and a strong work ethic to our team. In addition to that, we would like to see the following:
• An interest/background/current student in Events Management, Business Studies or Marketing.
• A strong team player who can also work on their own initiative.
• Can adapt to changing priorities and work flexibly as part of a small team.
• A natural born organiser with experience of meeting multiple deadlines.
• Confident, with an ability to question people and processes.
• Demonstrates a creative mindset and expresses new ideas.
• Keen to learn and develop, and step outside of their comfort zone.
• Tech savvy, with a good understanding of basic IT packages such as Excel and PowerPoint.
• Can apply knowledge & experience of all the essential social media platforms.
• Cares about supporting the wider business goals of SRS and the Careerpass Network group.
Company benefits: • Remote working • Flexible working hours
Learn more about SRS
We are SRS
SRS is a leading, award-winning provider of assessment centre simulations in the UK.
Our work with universities is exciting and we are the leading, award-winning, provider of assessment centre simulations in the UK. We work with universities to embed employability into the curriculum, ensuring students have every advantage to help secure graduate jobs and placements. Our assessment centres and practical employability workshops give students the opportunity to practice typical graduate recruitment processes and exercises in a safe and positive environment before the real thing.
We also specialise in graduate recruitment and employability consultancy, working with employers to design their graduate schemes and assessment processes.