SMGClient Associate / Executive
SMGClient Associate / Executive
Become a Client Associate / Executive
SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. Home to three award winning agencies, Capture, Lobster and Threefold.
Location: Liverpool, London, Manchester and Nottingham - Hybrid Remote
Who are SMG
At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We’re have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for, and we’ve just received our 3 star accreditation from Best Companies, making us a World Class company to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
• Generous discretionary bonus scheme
• £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
• £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
• Free headspace subscription
• 4pm Friday finishes all year round
• Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
1. We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
2. There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
3. We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
You will build strong relationships using effective communication skills and successfully manage a variety of projects, working closely with your team in a dynamic way.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
• Liaise between SMG and our clients and / or key contacts, following meetings up with clear actions and guidance on next steps.
• Support the senior team in governance meetings as required.
• Participate in brainstorms to help create and implement campaigns that will deliver results for our clients against agreed budgets and timelines, working with key contacts both internally and externally.
• Communicate confidently with our clients, nuancing your approach with different stakeholders and ensure you present yourself as a trusted member of the team.
• Work to ensure all content (including but not limited to media plans, status reports, recommendations etc.) are completed to a high standard, showcasing the team at its best.
• Support wider organisational projects, helping to create a great workplace and supporting with SMG's mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
What you'll need to have
• The ability to "think differently": as one of our key behaviours here at SMG, you won't be afraid to approach problems from a different angle or challenge the status quo.
• Great organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
• An interest in working and growing a career within a marketing agency.
• Good communication and relationship skills for managing key stakeholders.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
Learn more about SMG
We are SMG
We are home to three award-winning commerce marketing agencies.
SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today.
Our mission is to lead connected commerce marketing.
Our company is founded on an unshakable desire for growth. We believe that the best way for brands to grow is to connect with people at the point of consideration and buying. Conversely, for retailers and commerce platforms, enabling that connection creates happier customers, better performance, and brilliant business results.
We believe that enabling this connection can achieve transformative results.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the most talented and motivated people and allowing them to grow personally and professionally. Our extraordinary culture provides the environment for our teams to thrive and achieve brilliance, which makes us all feel proud to work here.
Underpinned by our values
We’re straight talkers, and our word is our bond. In a rapidly changing and sometimes bewildering world, we believe in doing business and treating people the right way, not just the easy way.
We have a childlike curiosity so we challenge convention - for instance we launched the first ever shopper media planning and buying service for brands when we found out that existing media agencies “didn’t do retail”.
Like most successful companies, we were founded on dissatisfaction with the status quo and the desire to improve it. And we’re still hungry, and ambitious, we push ourselves continually to improve and learn.
Hopefully not too much explanation is needed for this one! We work hard and we play hard. Our company events are the stuff of legend and whether it’s a pub quiz, a book club, giving back to our charity partner or a black tie dinner we always have something going on.
At SMG, we value talent over experience.
Our offices represent who we are as an agency and we love to make sure each of our locations are a fun and lively place to work for the days that people want to come in. We've always got Spotify playlists on the go and make the most of the opportunity to have a team breakfast, with plenty of fruit and cereal to go round. Friday always means an early finish, with drinks commencing an hour before the end of the day. For those that aren't in the office on a Friday, we set up virtual team calls to get ready for the weekend.
At SMG, we value talent over experience. We'll make sure we equip you with the skills you need to excel your career with us. From day one, you'll be given real business exposure and responsibility, joining an energetic and driven team who are on hand to support you as you get to grips with managing your client portfolio.
Benefits of working with SMG
• Finance: Generous discretionary bonus scheme, £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund, £500 Uni Fund towards learning and development, pension scheme, variety of available loans, opportunities for accelerated growth and development.
• Health & wellness: A culture focused on wellbeing, headspace subscription, employee assistance programme, eye care, regular exercise classes.
• Family: Paid time for new parents, access to parent resource group, a highly flexible and hybrid working environment.
• Community: Access to a range of employee resource groups, a dedicated CSR programme that supports our local communities and chosen charities, non-hierarchical feel, collaborative workplace.
• Fun: 4pm Friday finishes all year, two fully paid conferences a year at Summer and Winter, dedicated team that put-on events and activities throughout the year to get involved in.