Sigma LabsGraduate Technology Consultant Programme
Sigma LabsGraduate Technology Consultant Programme
Join our Graduate Technology Consultant Programme
We train and support high performers for roles in technology: no coding experience needed to apply.
The Key Facts
The Role: after training, our laser focus is to place you with a client and employ you starting on at least £30,000 p.a. You will work with our clients for 2 years to help them solve real-world problems while we continue to develop you technically and professionally. If we fail to find you a role with us, we will still try and help you find a role somewhere;
The Goal: at the end of 2 years working for us, you will join our network which includes 100 senior managers at some of the world's leading organisations, all of whom are committed to helping Sigma Labs alumni in the long term. You should be able to earn £40k to £50k at this point;
The Location: the training is largely remote, but we will bring you to our central London office for a few days at the start to get to know each other better. All of our roles are London-based and successful trainees will be expected to live in or around London.
We provide leading full-time professional training in software development and data engineering, followed by 2 years of employment with us working alongside one of our leading clients.
Over 90% of those who completed training, from STEM and non-STEM backgrounds, started roles in technology in a wide range of industries including consulting, finance and software design and engineering.
Our consultants consistently state they love the support we provide through training and during their two years with us. If you want to feel “work-ready” from Day 1 then start with us.
We are mission-driven: people face barriers to working in great technology jobs, some personal and some societal, and we will work to help you hurdle them and ultimately remove them.
What makes us different? Care through Performance
We care about what we do and how we impact others. We are not satisfied with being average and nice, we want to go the extra mile. Feedback at every assessment stage, low coach-to-trainee ratio, regular coaching throughout your time as a consultant... candidates, consultants and clients all agree, caring is at the heart of what we do and why we do it.
We also believe in “performance in the moment”, making the most of every opportunity that comes our way. Our team members have excellent track records at world-class companies, but that counts for little compared to the pride we take in seeing each other doing the best we can day in and day out. That will include you. If you think we can perform better then let us know and we will continue to challenge ourselves to care more through better performance.
Who we are looking for
You’ll fit right in at Sigma Labs if you:
• see a job as an opportunity to learn and make an impact, not just a destination;
• love to learn and not scared to try;
• value collaboration to reach your goals;
• can logically think through a problem and clearly explain the solution;
• will go above and beyond to be a difference-maker.
As a B-Corp (pending) with social mobility at the heart of our mission, we particularly want to hear from people who are not well represented in technology and high-performance jobs including female candidates and those from low-income backgrounds.
Eligibility: Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis using the following. You must have:
• Economic: at least one of the following applied to you between the ages of 11 and 16: grew up in a household with a total annual income of less than £43k; attended a non-academically selective state school; were eligible for free school meals; or received local authority care. We will also consider those who received university benefits.
We do not accept applications from anyone who attended a private school in the UK or abroad.
• Education: received, or expect to receive, at least a 2ii from a UK university in any multi-year degree. If you did not receive a 2ii or above but still graduated, we will consider you if you received at least an A in a STEM A-level.
• Right to work in the UK: a successful candidate, by the start of the employment, must have the ability to work in the UK for at least 3 years. Typically this means that one of the following applies: have a UK passport, EU/EEA Settled Status or Indefinite Leave to Remain (currently we do not sponsor visas).
Open for June and September 2023 start dates and we make offers on a first-come-first-served basis.
What we offer
• 12-15 weeks of proven high-quality technical and professional training in a wide range of skills that are in high demand followed by work in a London-based role using technology to make a positive impact;
• Training like it should be: “This is what university should have been” and “by the end I was work-ready” - our consultants consistently praise our level of support with attentive coaches who make themselves available through regular 121s and low trainee/coach ratios;
• Training is just the beginning: we provide coaching, mentoring, technical support, high-performance mindset training and more while you work for our clients with the aim of lifelong success;
• Our commitment to you is to get you into a technology role: we can’t guarantee a particular role or industry but we work hard at placing people where they have the opportunity to thrive;
• You don’t need coding experience to apply as we will support you so you are ready for the technical assessment at the end of our hiring process. We will also support you before the start of training so that you are where you need to be;
• We will provide laptops and cover any travel and accommodation expenses during training.
• Remote-first learning and hybrid working.
Learn more about Sigma Labs
We are Sigma Labs
We are a mission-driven company that invests in people through world-class technical training. Focusing on software and data engineering, we teach professional skills and behaviours that enable you to excel from Day 1 and throughout your career.
We really care about what we do and how we impact others. We are not satisfied with being average and nice, we want to go the extra mile. We also believe in “performance in the moment”, making the most of every opportunity that comes our way. We take pride in seeing our trainees and consultants doing the best they can day in and day out.
Exceptional talent is missed everyday
• Opportunity is not equally distributed. The common heuristics used to judge graduates, such as which university they attended, overlook significant amounts of genuine talent. We rigorously source this talent while pushing the boundaries of assessment. This is the first half of our mission.
Exceptional training changes outcomes
• The most effective learning practises are rarely used: the institutions that invest in the training - e.g. schools, universities, educational agencies – are often not rewarded based upon quality of the output, so the incentives don’t align. Yet Benjamin Bloom’s seminal educational research proved that the right methods can change learning outcomes by 2 standard deviations (2 sigmas). This is monumental, and while the research has advanced, these and many other techniques are at the core of what we do: thus the second half of our mission.
We will succeed or fail in our mission by investing in our consultants and solving problems for our clients.