Looking for a graduate job?
Become a Client Associate
At SMG we value talent over experience, we are looking for a Client Associate to join our FMCG agency, based in the heart of vibrant London. You’ll get exposure to a lot of great brands and you will be given responsibility from day one. You will be part of a great team who will always be on hand to show you the ropes, so don’t worry, you will not be expected to run before you can walk!
SMG is a young business, growing fast. Our mission is to transform shopper media and our aim is to create the company that everyone would like to work for.
Day to day life of a Client Associate:
• Managing client relationships, supporting the team in closing new business and ensuring continued loyalty with our existing clients.
• Building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders, understanding their needs and helping to identify ways in which we can meet their goals.
• Assisting in creation of client proposals, inspiring the brand with creative ideas and executions that will deliver results.
• Liaising with our colleagues across the business, from planning team to campaign management and finance, to ensure the client’s activity is executed and delivered in a way that meets their brief and objectives.
• Participation in strategic & creative brainstorms.
What we are looking for:
Someone that can bring enthusiasm, great communication skills, commercial awareness and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders both internal and external.
Our ideal SMGer will be ambitious and hungry with an interest in pursuing a career in shopper marketing within the retail or FMCG industry.
Most of our associates start off as uni grads, but don’t worry if you don’t have a degree, we’d still love to hear your background and story. Perhaps you are looking for an entry-level step into a client facing role within a growing marketing business, or have 6 months - 1-year experience. Ideally we are looking for a degree (2:1 or higher) and a B or above in GCSE English and Maths.
By joining SMG, you’ll have excellent development opportunities and will be supported and coached as your career develops with us, as well as:
• £500 to spend on training & development
• Free breakfast & fruit everyday
• Regular socials & two annual all-company get together's
• A birthday buddy, so you’ll always have a cake & present to celebrate
• 3pm beer o’clock & 4pm finishes on Fridays.
How to apply:
If this role sounds like the perfect match for you, click apply now and attach your CV and a cover letter explaining why you want to join us and how you embody one of the SMG values; stay hungry, stay honest, stay foolish and have fun.
We are Shopper Media Group
We're home to three award-winning shopper media agencies.
Our mission is to transform shopper media and create the company everyone would like to work for.
We are incredibly collaborative in the way we work towards achieving our mission, and through our honest approach to working with our clients and the shopper, we have built an enviable client list, with names including, Pepsi Co, Mars, General Mills, Nike, Samsung, McCain, Danone, Weetabix and many more.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the most talented and motivated people and giving them the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. We are looking for people who will live and breathe our values each and every day: Be hungry, honest, foolish and always have fun!
Celebrating success is a key part of the SMG culture. Every month we are encouraged to nominate both individuals and groups for their achievements and these nominations are categorised against our 4 company values. All nominations are read out during our company meetings and the winner receives a bottle of champagne for their outstanding achievement.
We value talent over experience.
Our offices represent who we are as an agency and we love to make sure each of our locations are a fun and lively place to work. We've always got Spotify playlists on the go and make the most of the opportunity to have a team breakfast, with plenty of fruit and cereal to go round. Friday always means an early finish, with drinks commencing an hour before the end of the day.
At SMG, we value talent over experience. We'll make sure we equip you with the skills you need to excel your career with us. From day one, you'll be given real business exposure and responsibility, joining an energetic and driven team who are on hand to support you as you get to grips with managing your client portfolio.