Roger BullivantGraduate Engineers
Roger BullivantGraduate Engineers
Become a Graduate Engineer
If you’re passionate about providing first-class service and you’re looking for the right place to take your next career step, Roger Bullivant is for you.
Location: South West - Trowbridge, South Wales – Port Talbot, Midlands – Swadlincote, Yorkshire - Normanton, North East – Jarrow, North West – Chorley & Scotland – Alloa
What you will be doing
We have an exciting opportunity available for Three Graduate Engineers to join our team working on a full time, permanent basis, 41.5 hours per week starting in September 2023. In return Roger Bullivant will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a place to develop and harness your skills and an opportunity to become a member of the team in one of the UK’s leading foundation engineering company.
Following an initial induction period, the Graduate Engineers (Trainees) will commence a 2 Year training programme, rotating through the principal functional areas of RB’s business. Trainees will generally work within the following areas in order to gain the necessary experience to fulfil the requirements of the professional training programme and attributes to become professionally qualified with their relevant professional institution (this will be principally with the Institution of Civil Engineers [ICE], or Geological Society of London [GeolSoc]).
Area of Business & Durations
The order in which these placements are undertaken will vary between Trainees, reflecting company requirements and the number of Trainees undertaking a particular placement concurrently. Aside from the placements in CST Design / Technical and site investigation, placements can be in any of RB’s office / site locations and Trainees are expected to spend time in a variety of locations which will aid their understanding of both the overall business and how individual Area businesses / functions work. This will also maximise the Trainees’ exposure to colleagues across the business, facilitating development of relationships which will serve to aid them as they develop in their careers.
Estimating / preconstruction 6 months
CST Design / technical 6 months
Piling operations 4 months
Ground Improvement operations 4 months
Commercial 2 monthsSite investigation (external) 2 months
What you will have
• Recently graduated candidates or students currently in their final year of a civil engineering, geology, geotechnical or structural engineering bachelor’s or master’s degree.
• A flexible and adaptable approach to work is required as you will be on a journey, covering all our disciplines. This will include staying away from home and being based at different locations across the UK.
• Previous practical experience in civil or geotechnical engineering, for example during Summer Internships or Work Placements, would potentially be advantageous.
• Applicants will preferably have a full UK driving licence.
• Applicants must also be able to provide the necessary documentation to confirm that they are eligible to work in the UK.
What you will get
As a Graduate Engineer we can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly Paid Discretionary bonus scheme
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Paid professional membership subscriptions and qualifications
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• The opportunity to join our competitive company pension scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Company Car
• Life Assurance for 4 times your salary
• The opportunity to buy shares in Vinci
• Exclusive discounts on travel, gym and attractions in the Merlin group
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now
At Roger Bullivant we want to proactively embrace diversity across our workforce and recognise that we are under-represented in a number of minority groups. We’re therefore taking positive steps to promote a positive and inclusive culture; we welcome applications from all minority groups to better represent our communities.
Learn more about Roger Bullivant
We are Roger Bullivant
Roger Bullivant Limited (RB) is a UK piling foundation engineering company specialising in the design and construction of foundations for all types of buildings and structures in all kinds of ground conditions.
Foundation designs are individually engineered to meet project and customer needs, and always with an eye on value engineering.
RB operates from a Head Office centrally located in South Derbyshire and from seven regional offices across the UK. Alongside central office headquarters, the company’s manufacturing facility produces over one million meters of precast concrete piles every year, together with around 180,000 linear meters of precast beam.