Looking for a graduate job?
Join our Graduate Programme
Qubic’s newly launched graduate scheme is on offer for dynamic, driven individuals who are keen to carve out a successful tax advisory career.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
What you will be doing
We employ a range of qualified experts and also have staff currently studying towards a variety of professional qualifications. We recognise the value of professional development and personal growth for our employees and, as part of this scheme, Qubic will offer successful candidates the chance to study towards The Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification (subject to successful completion of an agreed probationary period and meeting performance objectives thereafter). Further professional development opportunities may also be available in the future in terms of offering support to achieve Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) status or similar.
Our tax professionals work with both corporate and personal clients in order to provide innovative solutions to a variety of tax issues and problems faced by them.
Whilst the tax environment can be a particularly challenging and ever changing landscape to navigate, Qubic will provide the successful candidates with a supportive and structured network to succeed within the role.
What the programme will offer:
• A two year long programme (subject to ATT qualification being achieved and wider development targets being met), offering the opportunity to become involved with a range of projects and to work with a number of departments across the firm (including for example our Tax Investigation and Dispute Resolution department and Trusts and Estates department);
• A dedication to professional development including support in achieving the ATT qualification, dedicated internal training and appropriate external training to enhance development at various points throughout the programme;
• The opportunity to be fully involved with various client projects from beginning to end and across disciplines;
• Potential for a high level of responsibility at an early stage;
• The opportunity to work directly with Director level staff across the firm;
• Excellent career prospects; and
• A positive work life balance.
What do we look for?
Qubic is interested in more than just academia and is keen to nurture a number of key skills. Some of these skills are listed below and will be assessed throughout the recruitment process.
• Clear and confident communication skills (both oral and written);
• Organisational skills;
• An ability to understand and relay complex technical concepts;
• A strong team player with a “can-do” attitude, willing to assist with a variety of projects and tasks as and when required; and
• Proficient in time management and dedication to hitting pre-agreed deadlines.
In relation to academic achievement, candidates will be expected to be in possession of the below qualifications:
• GCSE Maths (Grade B and above);
• GCSE English (Grade B and above);
• Minimum of 300 UCAS points (120 UCAS points with the new points system), or equivalent;
• 2:1 Degree (minimum, in a relevant subject); and
• Experience of working in a professional environment would be beneficial, but is not essential.
We are Qubic
A national firm of tax specialists with offices in Newcastle upon Tyne and London.
Our continued success and growth is a direct result of an excellent team of experienced, highly motivated and dedicated individuals. To enable us to meet our ambitious growth plans and increasing demand for our services, we are pleased to open this graduate scheme up to candidates with a drive to succeed.
As well as being dedicated to supporting personal and professional development, Qubic is a ‘people centric’ firm and encourage staff to identify with our core values of Teamwork, Innovation, Passion and Excellence which underpins the Qubic “TIPE”. These values run throughout our business and also into the wider community via our commitment to corporate social responsibility and our close involvement with a number of charitable organisations including the Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity and The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. Being part of the Qubic TIPE means that hard work goes alongside enjoying a long and successful career, being rewarded for your success and hopefully building both long-term relationships and friendships with your colleagues.