You need to be signed in to favourite a job
PA ConsultingGraduate Software Engineer
PA ConsultingGraduate Software Engineer
Become a Graduate Software Engineer
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
What you will be doing
Why do you enjoy developing software?
• To have a variety of complex software problems to solve?
• To turn your talents to all manner of design and development tasks – real devices and machines, electronics or mechanical systems, directly with hardware systems?
• To work in a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice software product development – from button-sized embedded electronics systems through to innovative manufacturing process control?
• To use your toolbox of programming knowledge and a desire to work in Agile teams.
• To design and build solutions using the best-suited technologies for the problem you are trying to solve?
• To add value through your non-software capability (e.g., as an applied physicist, mathematician, regulatory expert, comms expert, mechanical/mechatronics expert, etc.)?
• Because it’s what you do in your spare time too, for fun?
At PA Consulting our Design, Engineering & Science function brings…
• Experience of how to help our clients manage technology and innovate better – because we innovate every day, for a living.
• Knowledge of multiple sectors where solutions to our clients’ challenges may already exist – because we work across all major sectors.
• Ability to take a product from idea to market quickly and efficiently – because we deploy multidisciplinary teams with world class facilities on a single site.
• Commercial understanding to exploit technologies successfully – because we design and improve the businesses that drive these products to profit.
Organisations we work with…
• Invest in their innovation, research and development effectiveness. They need to redesign their capabilities and processes and understand what new skills they need to continuously deliver both incremental and disruptive innovation in their domains.
• Invest in new ideas that deliver better consumer experience and capture the public’s view of ‘right’ values across the supply chain.
• Look inside and outside their organisations to identify the optimum partnerships to spark, and then deliver, innovative products and services.
What you will have
What we're looking for
You have a 2.1 or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another STEM subject.
You have strong embedded or objected-oriented programming skills, ideally in one or more of C++, Python, C or C#.
You are familiar with software development practices and tools, such as agile development, version control, software testing, continuous integration and virtualisation.
You have excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a team.
You have the versatility and flexibility to apply your skills to new challenges and solve unfamiliar problems.You have a desire to push for continuous improvement and deliver quality software.You have the ability to work independently.You have a willingness to learn.
Company benefits: • Private medical insurance • Travel allowance • 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days • Company pension scheme • Annual performance-based bonus • Life and Income protection insurance • Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn) • Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Learn more about PA Consulting
We are PA Consulting
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
An introduction to our firm
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
What can we offer you?
We offer a different kind of career opportunity. With us, you will have the chance to work with organisations worldwide to find answers to the questions that are shaping their future. The scope of our work provides extraordinary opportunities for you to develop your career in the direction you want.
Focussed on the success of our people, we offer significant responsibility early on, a clear career path supported by excellent training, and rapid progression for high performers. We deliver learning and development that will bring out your best and shape you as a leading expert in your field.
Our Graduate training programme
With us, you won’t have to wait to make your mark. We want to see what you’re capable of, which is why we will give you lots of responsibility from the outset. You will be given the freedom to think for yourself and contribute to projects in a meaningful way.
We hire graduates with up to two years’ experience directly into an entry-level Analyst role in their chosen business area or onto one of our rotational schemes, as we believe it’s best to build up your skills and experience in a real role from day one.
Think for yourself. Create with us.