Kubrick GroupGraduate Data Engineer
Kubrick GroupGraduate Data Engineer
Become a Graduate Data Engineer
We are an award-winning consultancy that hires smart, aspiring, diverse graduates and junior professionals and transforms them into consultants who can solve our clients’ data, AI, and next-generation challenges through high-quality, salaried training and dedicated support.
What you will be doing
As a Kubrick Data Engineer, you will be responsible for organising, cleansing, aligning, and correlating our clients’ raw data into usable information that can lead to better business insights and faster, more accurate solutions, thereby helping maximise their performance.
There’s a wealth of data out there that often it doesn’t correlate with other data sets, due to the way it has been collected which effectively renders it useless. As a Data Engineer, it’s your job to take that data and make sure it’s cleaned and organised so it can be interpreted by other data teams and business stakeholders, thereby leading to positive change. You are also responsible for working with stakeholders to understand their requirements and sourcing information through a variety of means, making it the perfect role for anyone with an inquisitive mindset that loves problem-solving and thinking outside of the box to reach solutions.
Why you should join Kubrick
Our 15-week training programme is designed for people without any background or experience in data or technology and over the 15 weeks, you'll be exposed to a range of scripting languages, platforms, data handling and database skills, and soft skills that are in-demand across industries.
You'll also have continuous access to ongoing development opportunities post-training, including free accreditations from leading tech partners that will certify your skills, make you a sought-after candidate, and lead to rapid career acceleration.
What you will have
• Educated to degree level (minimum)
• Strong STEM A Levels
• Curious, analytical and great at solving problems – we don’t need any previous coding skills, just excitement to learn!
• Desire to work with data and how it can help an organisation make better decisions
• Flexible and adaptable communicator who can work collaboratively
• Committed to producing high quality solutions
• Dedicated to continuous personal and professional development
• Flexible on location as our consultants often work across the UK
Why you should become a Data Engineer
Data engineers are on the front lines of data strategy so that others don’t need to be. They are the first people to tackle the influx of structured and unstructured data that enters a company’s systems. They are the foundation of any data strategy.
There’s also no denying that data engineers are making a significant and growing impact on the world at large. Every day, we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data, and the immensity of today’s data has made data engineers more important than ever. There will be more than 64 billion IoT devices by 2025 and with this growth comes a lot more data from a lot more sources, and thus a lot more need for engineers who can effectively process and channel it.
This means that data engineers have a huge variety of ways they can pursue their interests and deepen their skill sets.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHA, and other forms of neurocognitive variation
What you will receive
• The opportunity to enter the world of data, AI, and technology without any prior background or experience in the field. We'll teach you everything you need to know!
• 15 weeks of high-quality, paid training in the latest tools and technology, delivered by industry experts
• Competitive £32,000 year-one salary, with an impressive increase to £40,000 in your second year
• Potential to earn £55-60K in your third year
• Exposure to exciting FTSE 100 organisations and industries
• Automatic access to exciting projects that are typically reserved for experienced consutlants
• Continuous opportunities to build your skills and understanding in new and exciting areas
• Access to a range of ongoing development resources, both during your employment as a Kubrick alumni member (if you choose to join your client)
• Access to a range of free accreditations with leading tech partners including Microsoft, Tiger Graph, Azure, PowerBI, Collibra, Google Cloud Platforms, AWS, Snowflake, Alteryx, Looker
• Ongoing professional and developmental support from your dedicated People Team representative
• Access to a range of benefits to support your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
Company benefits: • Cycle to work scheme • Free Specsavers eyecare vouchers • Hybrid training environment • Casual dress • A blend of collaborative workspaces and quiet areas • Laptops and all training materials provided by Kubrick throughout training • Employee referral scheme • Mental health first aiders • Access to Perkbox Premium (including discounted gym memberships, wellbeing portal with free counselling sessions and advice, discounted food and drinks, plus more) • Pension scheme • Paid time off • Paid parental leave • Ongoing networking opportunities • Dedicated support from our Readiness team during training and Consultant Success team during client projects • Continuous development including free accreditations from our tech partners • A team of diversity champions who are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion across the business • Opportunities to get involved in volunteering and wider ESG initiatives
Learn more about Kubrick Group
We are Kubrick Group
Shaping tomorrow, today.
At Kubrick, we shape tomorrow’s world by developing today’s talent. Our mission is to increase the size and diversity of the next-generation technology workforce by building pipelines of highly trained professionals that help organisations transform to reach their full potential.
More than ever, businesses are under pressure to evolve, redefining their business models to stay relevant, compete and win. Scarcity of talent is the number one issue facing all organisations as they look to embrace the power of next-generation technology. We are experts in unleashing the potential in humans and technology, shaping the workforce and the organisations of tomorrow with the skills and talent needed today.
Redefining business for tomorrow, takes a fresh approach today. The greatest data and technology challenges of today can't be solved with carbon copy consultants or homogenous thought.
At Kubrick we actively seek out and develop smart, passionate individuals from a breadth of backgrounds to bring business a fresh approach to realise the potential of data and next-generation technology. We build sustainable solutions for a rapidly changing world.
We’re a fast-growing, agile organisation that values hard work, collaboration, and innovation. We’ve evolved and expanded our specialisms to meet and anticipate the demands of tomorrow. We support one another, recognise achievements, celebrate the differences in others, encourage open communications, and are committed to giving our people the best tools to thrive. We recognise the power of diversity of thought and experience to overcome today’s biggest challenges and are champions of women in technology, with over 3x the industry average of females in technology roles.
“The Kubrick team is highly diverse and supportive – people are always ready to offer advice and perspective” (Nikita Mandavia, Kubrick Consultant)
We offer unrivalled training designed and delivered by industry experts, which replicates the real working environment. This training is divided into four unique practices that prepare consultants for different areas and roles within data and next-generation technology, providing a foundation of skill and experience to accelerate your career with longevity:
• As a Data Engineer, you will learn to organise, cleanse, align, and correlate complicated data sets to generate better insight and help businesses transform. We train our Data Engineers in cloud ecosystems and core programming software, including Python, SQL, Alteryx and Tableau, as well as provide overview of Machine Learning for versatility in all the most sought-after areas of data engineering and analytics.
• Learn to implement a blend of technical and business analysis skills to develop and deliver data-driven solutions for organisations. Our Data Product Consultants fully understand the needs and requirements of a business whilst being an intermediary between data, business, and technology. Skilled in the relevant data technologies, you will utilise your skills to translate data-driven solutions to internal stakeholders in today’s agile environment.
• Learn to integrate technology, data management, and domain knowledge with data governance expertise to meet key business objectives. Our Data Management Consultants combine relevant practical applications and conceptual theories to articulate, shape, and implement high-quality data governance within client organisations, embedding reliable and impactful data use in the heart of business functions.
Machine Learning Engineering
• Learn about the industry-relevant techniques which are helping organisations to stay ahead of the curve, including Machine Learning models such as linear regression, random forests, and neural networks. Apply data science algorithms to solve real-world challenges like price prediction modelling, image classification, and sentiment analysis, delivering high-impact solutions for world-leading businesses.
• As a Kubrick Cloud Engineer, you will be critical in our clients’ digital transformation, helping evaluate their current infrastructure, explore options for moving to the cloud, and then oversee the migration and the maintenance of the new system. You will collaborate with your colleagues to embed cloud technology and best practice, revolutionising the capabilities and efficiency of teams and business functions of organisations in all industries.
Shape your tomorrow, join Kubrick today.