Kubrick GroupData Engineer - West Yorkshire
Kubrick GroupData Engineer - West Yorkshire
Become a Data Engineer
We are an award-winning Data consultancy that hires smart, aspiring, diverse graduates and junior professionals and transforms them into consultants who can solve our clients’ data, AI, and next-generation challenges through high-quality, salaried training and dedicated support.
Location: West Yorkshire
What you will be doing
A leading client within the banking and financial services industry is looking for Kubrick Data Engineers to support them with their data challenges. The project will be based in our client’s Head Office in the metropolitan area of West Yorkshire, and you will be expected to work from this location for the duration.
Before embarking on the project, you will receive 15 weeks of high-quality, expert-led, paid training to prepare you for our clients’ challenges and transform you into a Data Engineer. Five weeks of training will take place from our London office, which you would be expected to attend in person, and the other 10 weeks will be remote.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to work in an FTSE100 organisation with plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development, whilst simultaneously kicking off an exciting career in data.
You will be responsible for organising, cleansing, aligning, and correlating our clients’ raw data into usable information that can lead to better business insights and faster, more accurate solutions, thereby helping maximise their performance.
You will also work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and source information through a variety of means, making it the perfect role for anyone with an inquisitive mindset that loves problem-solving and thinking outside of the box to reach solutions.
What you will receive
• 15 weeks of high-quality, paid training in the latest tools and technology, delivered by industry experts and designed for people without any experience in data, AI, or next generation technology
• Train alongside approx. 30 other new joiners who are also new to the world of data, giving you an in-built network from day one
• Ongoing support throughout the 15 weeks of training
• Competitive £32,000 year-one salary, with an impressive increase to £40,000 in your second year
• Exposure to exciting projects that are typically reserved for experienced consultants
• Continuous opportunities to build your skills and understanding in new and exciting areas
• Access to a range of ongoing development resources, both during your employment as a Kubrick alumni member (if you choose to join your client)
• Ongoing professional and developmental support from your dedicated People Team representative
• Access to a range of benefits to support your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
Why you should join
Our unique blend of high-quality training, access to exciting clients and projects, and dedicated support will accelerate your career much faster than the typical graduate scheme. Within the first few weeks on site, you will be entrusted to work on projects that are typically reserved for professionals with at least one years’ experience, and you will continue on this rapid trajectory throughout your career with Kubrick.
What you will have
You don’t need any experience or data skills to join us. Instead, we look for skills and qualities that demonstrate you could successfully bring a fresh approach to businesses through data, AI, and next-generation technology, after the right training!
You are educated to degree level with a minimum of 120 new (300 old) UCAS points
You have STEM A-levels
You are curious, analytical and great at solving problems – we don’t need any previous coding skills, just excitement to learn!
You have a desire to work with data and how it can help an organisation make better decisions
You are flexible and adaptable communicator who can work collaborativelyYou are committed to producing high quality solutionsYou are dedicated to continuous personal and professional developmentYou are flexible on location as our consultants often work across the UKEveryone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHA, and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
Learn more about Kubrick Group
We are Kubrick Group
Shaping tomorrow, today.
At Kubrick, we shape tomorrow’s world by developing today’s talent. Our mission is to increase the size and diversity of the next-generation technology workforce by building pipelines of highly trained professionals that help organisations transform to reach their full potential.
More than ever, businesses are under pressure to evolve, redefining their business models to stay relevant, compete and win. Scarcity of talent is the number one issue facing all organisations as they look to embrace the power of next-generation technology. We are experts in unleashing the potential in humans and technology, shaping the workforce and the organisations of tomorrow with the skills and talent needed today.
Redefining business for tomorrow, takes a fresh approach today. The greatest data and technology challenges of today can't be solved with carbon copy consultants or homogenous thought.
At Kubrick we actively seek out and develop smart, passionate individuals from a breadth of backgrounds to bring business a fresh approach to realise the potential of data and next-generation technology. We build sustainable solutions for a rapidly changing world.
We’re a fast-growing, agile organisation that values hard work, collaboration, and innovation. We’ve evolved and expanded our specialisms to meet and anticipate the demands of tomorrow. We support one another, recognise achievements, celebrate the differences in others, encourage open communications, and are committed to giving our people the best tools to thrive. We recognise the power of diversity of thought and experience to overcome today’s biggest challenges and are champions of women in technology, with over 3x the industry average of females in technology roles.
“The Kubrick team is highly diverse and supportive – people are always ready to offer advice and perspective” (Nikita Mandavia, Kubrick Consultant)
We offer unrivalled training designed and delivered by industry experts, which replicates the real working environment. This training is divided into four unique practices that prepare consultants for different areas and roles within data and next-generation technology, providing a foundation of skill and experience to accelerate your career with longevity:
• As a Data Engineer, you will learn to organise, cleanse, align, and correlate complicated data sets to generate better insight and help businesses transform. We train our Data Engineers in cloud ecosystems and core programming software, including Python, SQL, Alteryx and Tableau, as well as provide overview of Machine Learning for versatility in all the most sought-after areas of data engineering and analytics.
• Learn to implement a blend of technical and business analysis skills to develop and deliver data-driven solutions for organisations. Our Data Product Consultants fully understand the needs and requirements of a business whilst being an intermediary between data, business, and technology. Skilled in the relevant data technologies, you will utilise your skills to translate data-driven solutions to internal stakeholders in today’s agile environment.
• Learn to integrate technology, data management, and domain knowledge with data governance expertise to meet key business objectives. Our Data Management Consultants combine relevant practical applications and conceptual theories to articulate, shape, and implement high-quality data governance within client organisations, embedding reliable and impactful data use in the heart of business functions.
Machine Learning Engineering
• Learn about the industry-relevant techniques which are helping organisations to stay ahead of the curve, including Machine Learning models such as linear regression, random forests, and neural networks. Apply data science algorithms to solve real-world challenges like price prediction modelling, image classification, and sentiment analysis, delivering high-impact solutions for world-leading businesses.
• As a Kubrick Cloud Engineer, you will be critical in our clients’ digital transformation, helping evaluate their current infrastructure, explore options for moving to the cloud, and then oversee the migration and the maintenance of the new system. You will collaborate with your colleagues to embed cloud technology and best practice, revolutionising the capabilities and efficiency of teams and business functions of organisations in all industries.
Shape your tomorrow, join Kubrick today.