Looking for a graduate job?
Be an Industry Research Analyst
We are looking for entry-level industry research analysts to write reports on UK and Irish industries.
What you will be doing
Since 1971 IBISWorld has provided market-leading industry information to professionals in a wide variety of industry sectors, including finance, consulting, accounting and manufacturing. With offices in London, Melbourne, New York City, Los Angeles, Frankfurt and Beijing, we provide insight into thousands of industries across the UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Ireland and China so our clients can make better business decisions, faster. Because of our people, we are now a global leader with a very loyal following of the world’s elite businesses. To keep up with demand, we are looking to add even more talented people to our team. Our London office is located in Victoria, just a short walk from Victoria or St James’s Park stations.
We are looking for entry-level industry research analysts to write reports on UK and Irish industries. Being part of the IBISWorld analyst team, you get to help clients make better business decisions by supplying them with insightful and accurate industry-specific research, analysis and forecasting. This is a great opportunity to apply your economic knowledge and analytical skills while building a career with a fast growing, global organisation.
• Researching and updating high-quality industry reports, working within deadlines and in accordance with in-house editorial standards.
• Collecting and interpreting diverse data related to multiple industries.
• Analysing macroeconomic, microeconomic and financial data to identify and clearly communicate key business trends.
• Building basic spreadsheet models.
• Making forecasts and projections based on existing industry data.
• Further opportunity to write media articles that bring together your economic expertise into a topical and digestible format.
Full training and support will be provided. The ideal candidate will be available for an immediate start. Applicants who do not address the Key Selection Criteria in their cover letter will not be considered for the role.
IBISWorld is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be authorised for employment in The United Kingdom and be available to work in the London office. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
What you will have
Key Selection Criteria
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, business or a related field.
• Proven application of macroeconomic and microeconomic concepts in academic and/ or business environments.
• Familiarity with macroeconomic and industry-specific data sources and online research methods.
• Excellent business report writing skills – i.e. being insightful, objective, interesting and succinct.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience (in an academic or business environment) in economic analysis and forecasting, market research or company/ industry analysis.
• Ability to use your strong work ethic and good time management skills to work autonomously to meet deadlines, while adhering to company editorial and analytical standards.
• Ability to think logically and derive conclusions out of raw data. Confidence to stand behind analysis and assumptions in order to explain reports to senior management, clients and possibly the press.
• Flexibility to effectively deal with unexpected assignments and changes to workload based on management priorities or client requests.
• Strong interest in keeping up with economic news and current events.
• Matched-contribution based pension scheme, travel season ticket loan, health benefit scheme (including cashback on everyday health costs and discounted gym membership), cycle to work scheme and a company laptop.
• Fun working environment with regular team social events.
• 20 to 25 days paid holiday, dependent on tenure, with generous carryover.
• Flexible hours and work from home program.
• Competitive salary of £26,000.
We are IBISWorld
At IBISWorld our culture and values are very important to us, and have been key to our global expansion and success. They reflect what we are, how we do business and our plans for the future.
Who we are
IBISWorld is the leading global publisher of business intelligence. We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, London and Melbourne – some of the best cities in the world. We provide market research on industries in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and China, as well as on global industries.
Although IBISWorld is over 40 years old, we are still growing rapidly. We have recently opened a new office in Germany and have doubled our global staff in the past two years and we don’t plan to stop there! We expect to double again over the next few years, creating lots of new and exciting roles for talented people.
IBISWorld is renowned for producing thoroughly researched, reliable, accurate and timely business information. Extensive, objective, insightful and easy to digest, IBISWorld research offers the very latest in business intelligence to help our clients make better business decisions. Our clients include the world’s largest corporations, governments and institutions.
Our culture and values
At IBISWorld we aim to give our employees every opportunity to grow professionally and personally. We know that continuous training and development is vital to every role. Our team will help you develop your skills and future career goals, whether at IBISWorld or beyond.
As an expanding and evolving company, we aim to give our employees every opportunity to make a career at IBISWorld. We reward people who bring dynamism to everything they do, going above and beyond to make IBISWorld a more productive place to work. We look for a can-do attitude, enthusiasm, hard work and integrity in every level of our business.
We want our employees to enjoy coming to work! We see IBISWorld as a global village and we encourage communication and collaboration across all areas of the business. Our community focus makes us stronger and more adaptable to global markets as we share ideas internationally.