HiltiGlobal Management Development Program - Commercial Track
HiltiGlobal Management Development Program - Commercial Track
Join our Global Management Development Program - Commercial Track
Join Hilti's 2-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects.
Location: Manchester, Nationwide
What you will be doing
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers. Hilti is very proud to be ranked as the UK's 12th best large organisation to work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s biggest construction projects whilst at the same time receiving world-class training and development to take your career to the next level.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
• 12 months as an Account Manager or field engineer in Great Britain.
• 3 months on an operational project in Northern Europe office: either Sweden/Denmark/Finland or Ireland. It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
• 6 months on a strategic project at regional headquarters in Manchester, GB.
• 3 months on an international project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
We want your thirst to learn, courage to challenge and desire to improve things, including yourself
What you will have
What do we offer
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
• Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
• Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioural profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
• Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
• Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
We really value our people and we’ve worked hard to develop a competitive reward package that reflects this.
Some of the benefits we offer include:
• Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
• Competitive salary and above-average performance bonus
• 6% employer pension contributions
• Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
• 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
• Paid leave to work on charitable projects
• Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
Learn more about Hilti
We are Hilti
We design and manufacture leading-edge technology, software and services, which power the professional construction industry.
What we do
Everyday our technologies support awe-inspiring feats of engineering around the world from the famous bullet train in Japan to tunnels deep under some of the largest cities on earth.
We’re a one-stop shop for building, worldwide. We create technologies, software and services, which clearly stand out from the rest. We run our own research and design labs, working with top technical universities and partners, all over the world. We make our own products in Hilti factories and with external partners, making sure all our products match the same high quality and standards.
Show us what you're made of
We regularly assess our emerging talent within the business via Development Centre to give them exposure to leaders across the organisation and to feedback into their development plans. People who join Hilti share a certain mind-set. They’re driven and hard-working, and they excel at giving their best for our customers. In return, they enjoy an incredibly varied and dynamic career. Many of our people have been with us for 20 or 30 years - testament to how much we value and reward their contribution.
We like to give back to our employees
We offer an Employee assistance program, a mentor scheme, employee benefits portal and a very generous referral program.
Our relocation to a new office brings with it a change in working style. You’ll see spaces created for your comfort and convenience, with a focus on agility, flexibility and interacting together.
There are also lots of spaces to eat with colleagues, whether your buying from the Hive, or bringing your own lunch. Use these areas to see your teammates and enjoy your lunch and a break away from the desk.
Circle Square sits on one of the best-connected public transport routes in the North of England, so whether you’re looking to get the train, bus, tram, walk, cycle or drive, there’s an option to suit everyone.
Our core values are integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment.
We're committed to your career development
We have a regular and clear development process for all our people, with everyone at Hilti having a yearly development conversation. There are opportunities for further training and development (both internally and externally) to enhance your career combined with an emerging talent strategy which is used to develop our leaders of the future. This supports 80% of Hilti’s leadership positions being filled internally.
Alongside a competitive base salary all of our positions come with a bonus scheme and full benefits package which include vehicle (for all sales roles), private healthcare, life assurance, generous pension contributions, 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays), option to purchase up to an additional 5 days