Looking for a graduate job?
Join our Leadership Development Programme
We are looking for strong, agile thinkers who want to lead social change to join our two-year Leadership Development programme.
Location: Midlands & South West
About the programme
In the UK alone, half a million children don’t have a safe or stable home. Great social workers can change this. That’s why Frontline recruits and develops outstanding individuals to be the difference in the lives of vulnerable children and families.
The Frontline programme is a unique route into social work. The programme will develop your leadership, conflict-resolution, and relationship-building skills to ensure you thrive in this dynamic and challenging role. Following a five-week residential training programme, you will spend two years working directly with children and families, placed in a local authority:
• In year 1, you will work as part of a unit of participants led by a consultant social worker. You will earn as you learn, receiving a tax-exempt bursary of up to £20,000, while undertaking over 200 days of work-based learning and 46 taught study days. At the end of the first year, you will qualify as a social worker.
• In year 2, you will practice as a newly qualified social worker and receive leadership development training. You will work towards a fully-funded master’s degree as you earn a salary of £25,000 to £34,000.
Once you have completed the programme, you will join a community of outstanding leaders sharing your passion for leading social change. The skills you will learn will open doors to a wide range of social impact careers inside social work and beyond.
What we're looking for
In order to be eligible for our programme, you will need to have all of the following:
• Grade C or above in English Language and Maths at GCSE (or equivalent qualification)
• 2.1 or higher in an undergraduate honours degree (predicted or obtained) OR a 2.2 in an undergraduate honours degree plus a level 7 (i.e. master’s degree) qualification (predicted or obtained) OR an equivalent qualification
• Be eligible to reside and study in the UK for the duration of the programme. You must be a resident in England before the programme commences
• Competence in spoken and written English
Throughout our six-stage selection process, we will assess your ability to become an outstanding children’s social worker against our competencies. More information on both our selection process and our competencies can be found on our website.
Many young people and families are facing challenges that seem insurmountable, but social work can make a significant positive difference in their lives. If you want to be that difference, then Frontline is for you.
Company benefits: Rewarding career • Fully-funded Master's degree • Up to £34,000 salary in your second year
We are Frontline
We recruit and develop outstanding individuals to be social workers and leaders to transform the lives of the most vulnerable children and families
At least half a million children in England don’t have a safe or stable home
These children and their families face some of the worst life chances, but we know that great social work has the power to change this. That’s why we are recruiting and developing outstanding individuals to become social workers, to transform the lives of the most vulnerable children and families.
Make a difference to those who need it most
Join us to help make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children and their families. You’ll see development in yourself too. Expect to develop a whole range of transferable skills including leadership, relationship-building and conflict resolution.