Looking for a graduate job?
Join our Audit Programme
Have the opportunity to witness the Financial Services boom right at the world’s financial hub London. You will have the front row seat in seeing how a variety of financial services businesses work across different locations, sizes, sectors and operational scales.
What you will be doing
Audit means much more than crunching numbers. Auditors are integral to keeping the UK financial system safe for investors and the public. As auditors we use smart questions to get to know our client’s businesses, and maintain scepticism throughout the audit process to ensure we remain impartial. At the completion of an audit we can provide constructive feedback to our clients helping to improve the business’s operations, whilst also helping shareholders to have a full understanding of a company’s financial performance and business risks. As the majority of the audit process involves us working in different teams, with people at varying stages of their career, we’re fortunate to get to know our BDO colleagues really well and often become life-long friends.
An Audit Trainee will form part of the audit team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. Will be expected to study for and complete your accounting qualification, and will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the audit group.
BDO offer the globally recognised Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification as a Level 7 apprenticeship programme, enabling individuals to become qualified chartered accountants and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ACA qualification and apprenticeship provides a broad range of accounting, finance and business skills. It opens a wealth of opportunities. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
Business Area Overview
• Assist within the wider team by obtaining and documenting audit evidence necessary to support opinions given
• Prepare analysis of accounting data from client’s books and records
• Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
• Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence
• Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters arising to the attention of the Senior or Manager
• Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Senior or Manager
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
• Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Senior or Manager
• Build strong relationships with new and established clients
• Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group
• Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office
• Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
What you will have
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline;
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.
Company benefits: • A counselling manager or buddy to provide support whenever you need it • Networking groups, socials, sport events and volunteering opportunities
We are BDO
When the most ambitious, entrepreneurial and high-growth businesses need advice on accountancy and business, they turn to BDO.
What we do: Advisory
Advisory services at BDO help clients to tackle all the challenges they face on their journeys of growth. Our advisers come from all kinds of backgrounds. Our range of expertise means that we can deliver insightful, innovative solutions to even the most complex challenge - from buying a new business and accessing finance for growth, to stabilising and restructuring at times of financial difficulty. On our Graduate Programme, you will develop specialist skills and work on fascinating projects while studying for specialised qualifications, depending on the career path you choose.
We work closely with clients' finance teams and other key stakeholders to really get to know their business and identify any weaknesses - from their financial statements, to their business systems or working culture. We then provide tailored advice on suitable solutions. On our trainee programmes, you will develop specialist skills and work on fascinating projects while studying for specialised qualifications. You may also have opportunities to gain other qualifications during your programme.
Integrity is at the heart of everything we do.
We are a major global player in our industry and take pride in always keeping sight of our clients’ unique needs.
Business Services and Outsourcing
Sometimes our clients need a level of accounting and business expertise that just isn’t practical for them to keep in-house. We provide a full spectrum of accounting, advisory and compliance services to support companies all around the globe that are growing or tackling change. Relishing a new challenge every day, you’ll develop a wide range of skills and knowledge. You will develop specialist skills and work on fascinating projects while studying for specialised qualifications.
Guiding our clients through the complex, constantly-changing landscape of tax legislation, we help them to follow the law and achieve both their short-term goals and long-term vision. Tax is a rewarding area for diverse personalities, whether you enjoy untangling complex technical details, relish connecting with and helping brilliant people, or love solving problems in new and unique ways. On our trainee programmes, you will develop specialist skills and work on fascinating projects while studying for specialised qualifications.