Looking for a graduate job?
Join our Finance Industrial Placement
This entry-level placement will be perfect for undergraduates who are interested gaining skills and experience in a Finance role, in a consumer goods company
Locations: Lincolnshire & London
What you will be doing
This is an exciting opportunity within our site based Financial teams, who work closely with all areas of the business around the fast-paced fresh prepared food industry. This is a 12-month placement aimed at those that elect to complete a year-in-industry as part of their degree. There are opportunities to return to Bakkavor once you have completed your undergraduate degree.
If you share our values and passion for great food, you can expect to receive opportunities, development and support to enable you to learn and grow throughout your placement. You can expect to gain key skills in basic accountancy and finance and from day one you will play a pivotal part in the decision-making processes that help our business to grow and thrive.
This entry-level placement will be perfect for undergraduates who are interested gaining skills and experience in a Finance role, in a consumer goods company. We will consider candidates from all degree disciplines. Those candidates who complete successful placements will also be given the opportunity to re-join Bakkavor on the graduate scheme (CIMA accredited) post-qualification.
Our Placement programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities as an entry into the food industry. On the Placement, you’ll receive:
• A salary of £19,000 per annum (additional allowance is provided for extra living costs in London placements)
• Relocation Financial Assistance
• Access to Bakkavor benefits, such as a discount platform
• An experienced Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience o Providing everything goes to plan, due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development once you complete your degree. This could be a direct entry role, or as part of the Graduate or Apprentice programmes.
• You’ll take responsibility for your work area and personal development from day one.
What you will have
The most important thing for us is a motivated attitude to develop your skills and an ambition to learn more about Finance in the Food Industry.
We do have some criteria that we will be looking for – you’ll need these to pass our assessment screening process:
You are currently studying towards a degree
You have demonstrated experience of working as part of a team
You have an existing ‘right to work’ in the UK, we are unable to sponsor visas as part of the Placement
You have a desire to learn how food manufacturing works and to get into the detail of: factory performance reporting, commercial appraisal and new product development costing
You have the ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and numerical skills.You have an ability to apply practical ideas and demonstrate your adaptability.You have a curiosity to explore, learn and show initiativeYou have the ability to demonstrate good attention to detailYou have a willingness to study the CIMA qualification upon completion of your degree (as this is a requirement to join our Finance graduate scheme)You have a full UK driver’s licence, as our locations and suppliers are not always readily accessible by public transport (desirable)
We are Bakkavor
We are a world leading fresh food manufacturer and we are looking for the next generation of talented individuals to join Bakkavor and drive our success.
We are proud of our business and passionate about the food we make for the biggest names in supermarket retail and food service.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values then this company is for you.
We have a diverse range of career opportunities and programmes available for you to kick start your career and make a real impact in the food industry.
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
• Starting Salary of £27,000 + £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in Year 2 (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
• Competitive pension scheme.
• A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
• 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holidays.
• Relocation assistance for each placement.
• Accelerated career progression into management roles
(These benefits are only for those on our graduate schemes, not for year placements)