Looking for a graduate job?
Join our 2020 UK Credit and Fraud Risk Undergraduate Summer Internship
A single decision can have many outcomes, and when that decision affects hundreds of thousands of customers and employees, it needs to be the right one. That’s where Credit and Fraud Risk comes in.
At American Express, Credit and Fraud Risk forms the backbone of all financial services operations. It affects every aspect of the company globally. Join us this summer, and you’ll get to know all the areas of our business – from consumer cards to small-business services, to corporate services, to merchant partners. Plus, you’ll work with the industry’s top Credit and Fraud Risk teams, developing strategies, leveraging technology and overseeing how relevant news impacts our customers.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a challenging project, with an opportunity to learn about the culture and values of American Express, as well as network across regions and functions.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2020 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
• Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
• Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
• Regular Speaker Series with senior management
• Social and networking events
• Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in International Growth Optimisation at American Express?
• Contribute to projects with strategic importance and real bottom-line impact through the conceptual, analytical, recommendation and implementation stages
• Design, build and support infrastructures for existing and new business development opportunities
• Gain exposure to Marketing, Technologies, Finance, and Operations
• Perform business analysis to assess portfolio performance, forecast trends, and develop improvement opportunities
• Strong analytical, project management, relationship and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as this position interfaces with diverse audiences including the sales force, operations and potentially clients
• Ability to effectively implement initiatives through partnerships and alignment with multiple stakeholders
• Effective team player and ability to manage multiple responsibilities
• Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (degree in quantitative field or equivalent experience in business, finance, statistics, economics, engineering or mathematics will be preferred) in your penultimate year of study
• Experience in SAS/ SQL/ R /Hive/ other statistical programming experience is preferred along with working knowledge of MS Office
• A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
We are American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.