Looking for a graduate job?
Join our 2020 Business Development Graduate Programme
Business Development is essential for ensuring our organisation can grow. This comes from acquiring new customers whilst also expanding our existing base. The Business Development team are responsible for a wide range of functions, from identifying and selling innovative ideas that make our customers’ lives easier, providing analytical support to drive business strategy, and shaping our long term vision for how we will meet our customer needs – both today and in the future. As a company that has a passion for service and the ability to adapt with the changing times, these functions are critical to our continued success.
As part of this team, you’ll be working on exciting projects aligned to the company’s strategic, operational and financial goals. Our Business Development Grads will have the opportunity to contribute to challenging projects and contribute to our award-winning culture and network across our diverse business units and regions.
What type of work can you expect to do in International Growth Optimisation at American Express?
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
• Use innovative ways to prospect for new customers and improve the customer experience
• Research and analyse data to help American Express improve performance and drive growth
• Develop relationships with a variety of internal and external partners
• Lead end-to-end sales or marketing initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
• Track and report sales or marketing performance using a variety of key performance indicators to measure success and better understand the customer
• Share and leverage sales or marketing best practices and provide marketing consultancy to team
• A sample Business Development project could include using data and competitive information to create a market assessment, identifying a target market for sales activities and then contacting those clients
• Strong customer focus
• Project management skills
• Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to problem solve and use data to drive insights
• Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to get results
• Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme or a Master’s programme in your final year of study (any degree discipline)
• A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
We are American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.