Looking for a graduate job?
Become a Chartered Accountant
Become a member of the world’s most forward-thinking Accountancy body – the ACCA letters after your name are globally recognised and show employers that you work to the highest professional and ethical standards.
What you will be doing
You will be studying towards a Chartered Accountancy qualification with the ACCA.
The ACCA Qualification is respected globally, and will help you to open doors wherever your career path may take you.
You will get to choose how you study, how often you sit exams and where you do your work experience. Your options are:
• Full-time courses
• Part-time/weekend courses
• Distance learning
• Online learning via ACCA-X – our learning platform
• Revision courses
As part of our flexible approach to study, many of our exams are computer based. You can sit these at any of our licensed centres. We have two types of computer-based exams (CBEs):
• On-demand CBEs – you can sit these exams at any time of the year.
• Session CBEs – you can sit these exams in one of our four exam sessions each year.
As one of our students, you’ll get 24-hour support from our ACCA Connect team.
You’ll also have access to fantastic resources: Student Accountant digital magazine, syllabuses and study guides, past exam papers, our Facebook page – so you can chat to other students, events and help with finding and recording work experience
What you will have
You can start your journey with ACCA if you have, based on UK qualifications:
Five secondary school qualifications (two A-Levels and three GCSEs or equivalent) – including English and maths.
If you already have a degree
If you have a recognised and relevant Finance or Accounting degree from an ACCA-accredited university, you may not have to take all of the exams on your journey to membership. We call this “getting exemptions”.
Even if you didn’t study at an accredited university, you may still be eligible for exemptions – depending on what you’ve already studied.
If you don't have the qualifications we ask for
You can still join us – but you’ll start your ACCA journey at our foundation level. This will give you the base you need to learn more – and you’ll get our ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4) when you pass. Then you can start your journey to gaining the ACCA Qualification.
And because of what you’ll learn in your Diploma, you won’t have to take the Applied Knowledge exams – you’ll start at the Applied Skills exams.
We are ACCA
The world's leading professional Accountancy body and students can study our qualification, the equivalent of a Master’s degree, right up to chartered certified accountant status.
What we do
We develop Accountancy qualifications and offer our students the opportunity to become a chartered certified professional in Accounting. We also conduct and publish global research, set standards for the industry, and support our student and members with continual professional development and work to make our profession open to everyone.
What’s it like to be an ACCA member?
Being an ACCA member does not just open the door to exciting opportunities in your career and personal development. It also gives you access to a first-class range of services designed to support you in your professional life.
ACCA keeps you at the leading-edge of the profession with a range of benefits and services which include:
• The ACCA designation – the choice among employers
• The chance to be a global influencer and build your professional network
• Supporting you in your continuing professional development
• Round the clock customer care and careers service
Our qualification and study options give you the tools to become a successful in-demand finance professional as well as the exciting chance to work in any industry anywhere in the world. With various options available to suit your learning style, including the chance to study towards a BSc or Masters, ACCA has plenty of opportunities to help you get your career started and continue developing yourself.
Even better, we’re globally recognised in 180 countries so you can enjoy the benefits of our connections and you could work abroad or work for a multinational company at home.
You’ll become part of not only a prestigious profession but also a community of students, members and employers, meaning you’ll have access to valuable resources and support
Why choose a career in Accountancy?
• Accountancy professionals are in demand around the world - every type of business needs finance staff from all backgrounds, so you can pursue a career in any sector.
• There’s a diverse mix of jobs available within the field such as tax, audit or even forensics to name a few. Find yourself preparing accounts, undertaking audits or responding to fraudulent activity and running investigations - the possibilities are endless.
• Career progression opportunities – progress quickly to a position of responsibility or even become your own boss, the skills you’ll get from an ACCA qualification will help you succeed not just in accountancy but the world of business as well.
• The areas of study within our qualification have been updated to reflect changes in the fast-moving business world, ensuring the skills you’ll learn are relevant both today and in the future. These are the skills that employers are looking for to ensure the long-term success of their business and finance team, so you can be reassured that you’ll stand out when applying for jobs.
• Accountancy isn’t just about numbers. You’ll pick up a range of other important skills like teamwork, leadership and communication – areas that’ll help you succeed in any business, across any sector.
• Our Connect support team are available 24/7 so you’ll never be without guidance and assistance.