We are Wincanton
Wincanton is the largest British third-party logistics company, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most well-known brands.
Who are Wincanton
Wincanton employs approximately 19,500 people across more than 160 sites and have a 7,700 -strong fleet of vehicle. We work with some of the UK’s best-known companies including ASDA, B&Q, Marks & Spencer, Nestle, Heinz, BAE Systems and Howdens to name but a few. Improved stock visibility and availability, reduction of lead times, collaborative warehousing and transport models, and an absolute commitment to continuous improvement, are just some of the reasons why many of our customer relationships extend to more than 20 years.
What we do
As a trusted and respected business partner, we strive for operational excellence in everything we do. We work hard to understand and respond to our customers’ needs, build long term relationships and use our skills and expertise to deliver a smarter, added value service, every day. We can take care of all customers’ supply chain needs and a range of outsourced and integrated supply chain solutions. Across our sectors we can make sure we add value and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
Culture, Engagement & People
Our culture supports inclusion, wellbeing, performance and growth.
An environment where people and business thrive, through:
• A diverse and inclusive workplace
• Recognition frameworks celebrating colleague achievements
• The Wincanton Way
• Supporting the wellbeing of all our colleagues
Wincanton is committed to sustaining a highly engaged workforce.
Our culture is one where colleagues are treated with care and respect. Two-way communication is at the heart of how we operate ensuring colleagues are informed and listened to whether they are involved in delivering day-to-day operational excellence, driving business transformation, or working collaboratively to deliver a company-wide project.
Our aim is to ensure that information is shared at the right time and in the most accessible format, that all colleagues understand the business’ objectives and their role in delivering these and, most importantly, that they are able to share their thoughts and ideas and understand that the company will listen carefully and respond.
We develop and engage our people to ensure that they are fully informed and involved, making Wincanton a great place to work and one where colleagues are motivated to deliver an outstanding level of service for all its customers that makes their businesses better.
This approach helps develop and maintain an engaged workforce who will deliver the best possible service for our customers.
Our people are at the heart of our success. Through a combination of flexible working practices, openness and support we enable them to be their best and to understand the integral role they play in making our operations great places to work.
Some of the benefits we offer are:
• Share Incentive plan enabling all employees to share in Wincanton’s success
• We offer a pension scheme to all employees to help you save for your retirement
• Our family friendly policies support working parents
• You can also participate in our cycle to work scheme to make great savings on bikes
• The holiday purchase scheme enables our colleagues to purchase additional leave should they wish to do so
Some of our recognition programmes are:
• Peer to Peer recognition programmes that link to living the Wincanton values allowing our colleagues to celebrate and thank each other for their achievements
• Long Service Awards – celebrating the commitment of our colleagues throughout their career with Wincanton
• The Wincanton Awards – our annual company-wide recognition programme
Wincanton is committed to breaking down stereotypes and stigma, ensuring all colleagues feel valued, supported, included and safe. Through clear messaging, proactive leadership and provision of safe and accessible spaces to talk we empower our employees to look after themselves and each other.
Our Wellbeing programme, designed to support employees to take a holistic approach to their health, incorporates events and wellbeing initiatives such as:
• Our employee benefits platform to access wellbeing content and more.
• Our retailTRUST Wellbeing Hub personalised to support wellbeing needs and interests
• Our employee assistance programme
• Health and wellbeing awareness campaigns
• Employee support groups
• Wellbeing and engagement champions and qualified mental health first aiders