SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today.
Our mission is to lead connected commerce marketing.
Our company is founded on an unshakable desire for growth. We believe that the best way for brands to grow is to connect with people at the point of consideration and buying. Conversely, for retailers and commerce platforms, enabling that connection creates happier customers, better performance, and brilliant business results.
We believe that enabling this connection can achieve transformative results.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the most talented and motivated people and allowing them to grow personally and professionally. Our extraordinary culture provides the environment for our teams to thrive and achieve brilliance, which makes us all feel proud to work here.
Underpinned by our values
We’re straight talkers, and our word is our bond. In a rapidly changing and sometimes bewildering world, we believe in doing business and treating people the right way, not just the easy way.
We have a childlike curiosity so we challenge convention - for instance we launched the first ever shopper media planning and buying service for brands when we found out that existing media agencies “didn’t do retail”.
Like most successful companies, we were founded on dissatisfaction with the status quo and the desire to improve it. And we’re still hungry, and ambitious, we push ourselves continually to improve and learn.
Hopefully not too much explanation is needed for this one! We work hard and we play hard. Our company events are the stuff of legend and whether it’s a pub quiz, a book club, giving back to our charity partner or a black tie dinner we always have something going on.
At SMG, we value talent over experience.
Our offices represent who we are as an agency and we love to make sure each of our locations are a fun and lively place to work for the days that people want to come in. We've always got Spotify playlists on the go and make the most of the opportunity to have a team breakfast, with plenty of fruit and cereal to go round. Friday always means an early finish, with drinks commencing an hour before the end of the day. For those that aren't in the office on a Friday, we set up virtual team calls to get ready for the weekend.
At SMG, we value talent over experience. We'll make sure we equip you with the skills you need to excel your career with us. From day one, you'll be given real business exposure and responsibility, joining an energetic and driven team who are on hand to support you as you get to grips with managing your client portfolio.
Benefits of working with SMG
• Finance: Generous discretionary bonus scheme, £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund, £500 Uni Fund towards learning and development, pension scheme, variety of available loans, opportunities for accelerated growth and development.
• Health & wellness: A culture focused on wellbeing, headspace subscription, employee assistance programme, eye care, regular exercise classes.
• Family: Paid time for new parents, access to parent resource group, a highly flexible and hybrid working environment.
• Community: Access to a range of employee resource groups, a dedicated CSR programme that supports our local communities and chosen charities, non-hierarchical feel, collaborative workplace.
• Fun: 4pm Friday finishes all year, two fully paid conferences a year at Summer and Winter, dedicated team that put-on events and activities throughout the year to get involved in.