We are Savills
Instagram - @savillsinstagrad
Savills is a world leading property agent. Our expertise spans the globe and we offer wide-ranging specialist knowledge. We take pride in providing best-in-class advice as we help individuals, businesses and institutions.
Savills aims to attract, recruit and retain the best people from the widest possible pool of talent.
As such, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse working environment for all employees by at all times striving to be an organisation which does not discriminate, value everyone's talents and abilities and where diversity is positively promoted.
Founded in the UK in 1855, Savills is one of the world's leading property agents. Our experience and expertise spans the globe, with 600 offices across 70 countries. Our scale gives us wide-ranging specialist and local knowledge, and we take pride in providing best-in-class advice as we help individuals, businesses and institutions make better property decisions.
Savills believes their graduates are future leaders and make a huge investment into them. Savills’ graduates are given responsibility from day one, in teams who highly value their contribution and involvement in the world’s most high-profile property deals and developments. The programme offers the chance to gain an internationally recognised Professional qualification.
Graduates are surrounded by expert professionals from whom they learn and seek advice. Savills gives graduates flexibility to create a fulfilling and self-tailored career path. Savills are proud to be The Times Graduate Employer of Choice for Property for the sixteenth year running. Great work life balance and a dynamic working environment are amongst the factors which see Savills nominated as the leading Property employer year on year.
What do we offer?
We offer all graduates a Permanent contract, alongside exceptional training and experience, allowing them to:
• Develop their technical capability
• Obtain a Professional qualification - either (MRTPI, MRICS, BIAC, ICF, IEMA, CIBSE, AEE, IHBC, UDG)
• Build a network of professional contacts
• And Develop their business and leadership skills
• Graduate Programme offers roles across the UK within Surveying (Commercial, Development and Residential), Operational Capital Markets, Town Planning, Building Surveying, Urban Design, Capital Allowances (suitable for QS), Rural, Food and Farming, Forestry, Sustainability, Energy, Engineering and Environment and Infrastructure. We generally offer about 150 roles per year.
• Summer Scheme offers prospective graduates the opportunity to experience working at Savills for 4-weeks over the Summer in one of the above areas. We offer 100 places per year.
• Insight Programme is an opportunity for first year students to shadow a Savills Graduate for one week to learn about of the above areas. We offer 50 places per year.
Our Graduate Application Process
Stage One: Online Application
Submit your application, including CV, questions (not required for all pathways) and cover letter (not required for all pathways) – this will be screened by Savills fee earners. Take note of deadlines and include all relevant achievements and work experience Read our programme descriptions carefully and explain how you would be a good fit Make sure there are no spelling mistakes in your CV and cover letter.
Stage Two: Assessment Centre
If your online application is successful you will be invited to an assessment day. Show us a realistic representation of you and your abilities Contribute to the group discussions without being too dominant Prepare – understand the business and your areas of interest.
Stage Three: Interview
If you are successful at assessment day you will be invited to attend an interview to be conducted by a panel of Savills employees up to director level. Prepare as much as you can by visiting our website and reading property publications.
• Interviewers often ask for examples about yourself, so think of times when you have shown initiative, solved a problem or taken the lead
• Be yourself, the interviewer wants to get to know you
• Ask questions – it’s a two way conversation
• Know your CV
Training & Development
Our training and development regime is the best in the industry, and is geared towards enabling our people to reach their full potential. We focus on making sure Savills people are satisfied with their career and personal development and are able to work well as a team towards achieving our business aims and objectives.
As a graduate, apprentice or sandwich placement student you'll also have regular opportunities to attend technical, business skills and personal development activities – including conferences, courses, lectures, networking, mock assessments, revision sessions and social events – which complement both your practical experience and meet the theoretical requirements of your APC.
In addition, you'll be able to attend the skills courses we offer all our staff on subjects including:
• Client care
• Business writing
You will have an APC supervisor and counsellor to support you throughout the APC process and meet with you at regular progress reviews.
Also, you will have a mentor in each team who is responsible for introducing you to the team, handing work over to you and getting you the right experience. To give you sufficient time to prepare for your final assessment we give two weeks study leave for revision along with time off to attend training sessions.